Special Needs Planning

 If you have a child or loved one with special needs, it is essential to set up a protection plan that will ensure your child or loved one is taken care of if you are not there to be a primary caregiver.

Weber and Davis County Special Needs Planning Attorney

Parents may find it difficult to plan for the future of a special needs child, which is why our special needs planning attorneys do everything they can to make the process as easy as possible.

As skilled estate planning lawyers, our mission is to liberate parents from the fear they have about their child’s future and empower them to make the very best decisions possible about how to protect their child for life.

Our special needs trusts are carefully designed to ensure that the beneficiary is afforded the protection provided by a personalized and well-designed special needs trust

Special needs planning must be done to ensure your child has the competent, loving care they need. When parents fail to plan and set up the necessary wills and trusts, they may inadvertently disqualify their child from essential governmental benefits. Without proper guidance from experienced estate planning attorneys, parents often leave their money in ways that do not serve their special needs child and leave the child unprotected.

Voyant Legal takes great care to help you create a special needs trust for your child or loved one so that they will be able to benefit from various government benefits throughout their life, while the trust supplements their needs with trust funds.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do we prepare a special needs trust for our child’s future when we don’t yet know the extent to which they will be able to care for themself as an adult?

Is it a good idea to have our daughter serve as trustee of our son’s special needs trust? What other ways are there to ensure my daughter is involved in my son’s life?

What if my child is able to care for themself as an adult, but we have already set up a special needs trust for them? Can we plan for the possibility that they might be self-supporting?

Who will advocate for my son with Down Syndrome and make sure that he gets needed benefits and trust funds if we are not able to do so for him?

How can we make sure that future caregivers have the guidance and instructions they need to care for our special needs child?

Is there a way to let other family members know about the importance of leaving an inheritance to our son in a way that doesn’t cause him to lose needed benefits?

Find the answers to these and other frequently asked questions in our special needs planning guide. Contact our special needs planning attorneys today for a free consultation.


For Answers to the Above Frequently Asked Questions, Download Our Guide About Special Needs Planning

Please enter your name and email address in the form below to download the guide.

Special Needs Planning

Local areas served








American Fork


Let's Work Together

Voyant Legal Contact Form

Voyant Legal Locations

American Fork Office

686 E 110 S, Ste. 104
American Fork, UT 84003

Map + Directions

Farmington Office

991 Shephard Lane

Suite 210

Farmington, UT  84025

Map + Directions

Ogden Office

(by appointment only)

155 31st Street

Ogden, UT  84401

Map + Directions